Umer R. Dasti, MDBoard Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
Umer R. Dasti, MD
Dr. Dasti specializes in sports medicine, arthroscopy, and shoulder surgery, including the following procedures:
- Shoulder, Hip, & Knee Arthroscopy
- Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair
- Arthroscopic Shoulder Labrum/SLAP Repair
- Total Shoulder Replacement
- Reverse Total Shoulder Replacement
- Arthroscopic ACL Reconstruction
- Meniscus Repair
- Arthroscopic Hip Labral Repair
- Trauma & Fracture Repair
- Treatment of Hip FAI
About Umer R. Dasti, MD
Dr. Umer Dasti is a board certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder, hip, and knee, including rotator cuff repair, shoulder labral repair, meniscus repair, ACL reconstruction, cartilage transplant procedures, and hip labral repair. He also has a particular interest in shoulder replacement including reverse total shoulder replacement and treatment of complex shoulder fractures. When appropriate, Dr. Dasti identifies non-operative approaches to treatment utilizing physical therapy, injections, and the latest in techniques commonly referred to as “stem-cell injections”.
Dr. Dasti joined Ridgewood Orthopedic Group in 2014 after completing specialty fellowship training in Sports Medicine, Arthroscopic Surgery, and Shoulder Surgery with Tufts School of Medicine and Harvard Medical School in Boston. While in Boston, Dr. Dasti also served as an Assistant Team Physician to the Boston Celtics and Tufts University Athletics. Prior to his fellowship training, Dr. Dasti completed his undergraduate degree at Rutgers College and obtained his medical degree from UMDNJ – New Jersey Medical School. He also completed an Orthopedic Surgery residency at St. Joseph's Healthcare System.
Dr. Dasti has recently authored book chapters on arthroscopic rotator cuff repair and arthroscopic ACL reconstruction. He has also published several scientific articles in peer reviewed journals examining outcomes after shoulder replacement. He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA), and the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM).
Dr. Dasti serves as a team physician for Ridgewood High School, Ramapo High School in Franklin Lakes, and Indian Hills High School in Oakland. He can be found on the sidelines of a high school football game most Friday nights in the fall.
- Undergraduate: Rutgers University – Rutgers College, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Medical: UMDNJ – New Jersey Medical School, Newark, New Jersey
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: St. Joseph's Healthcare System, Seton Hall University, Paterson, New Jersey
- Sports Medicine & Arthroscopy Fellowship:
- New England Baptist Hospital, Tufts School of Medicine, Boston, MA
- Boston Children's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine
Licenses And Certifications
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- License to Practice Medicine in Massachusetts, New Jersey, and New Hampshire