Mark M. Pizzurro, MDBoard Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
Mark M. Pizzurro, MD
Dr. Pizzurro specializes in adult reconstruction surgery and performs several orthopedic procedures, including:
- Hip & Knee Replacement
- Direct Anterior Approach Hip Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Joint Replacement
- Revision Hip & Knee Replacement
- Computer Navigated Knee Replacement
- Knee Arthroscopy
About Mark M. Pizzurro, MD
Dr. Mark Pizzurro is proud to join his father, Dr. Joseph Pizzurro, and his partners to carry on the long tradition of care at Ridgewood Orthopedic Group. Dr. Pizzurro is a fellowship trained and board certified orthopedic surgeon who specializes in adult reconstructive surgery. Our use of cutting-edge technology, such as robotic arm assisted partial knee, total knee replacement, direct anterior hip replacement, Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS), partial knee replacement, and advanced fixation technology has helped Ridgewood Orthopedic Group and Dr. Pizzurro to become leaders in joint care here in northern New Jersey.
Dr. Pizzurro’s specialized training took place at the Hospital for Special Surgery, which US News and World Report has named the top-rated Orthopedic Department in the United States. There, he focused on primary hip and knee replacements as well as complex revisions. Though he trained at one of the top orthopedic facilities, he is focused on personalized care. Dr. Pizzurro is extremely thorough in his examinations making sure that each patient understands every option available. In a world rushing to get to appointments, he takes the time to get to know his patients and their specific needs.
Dr. Pizzurro's earlier training involved earning his medical degree from Albert Einstein College of Medicine in the Bronx, New York. From there, he went to St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center for his orthopedic residency training. He remains associated with St. Joseph’s through a teaching affiliation as an Associate Clinical Professor of Orthopedics. He enjoys teaching and working with these young surgeons in training.
Dr. Pizzurro is married and is a proud father. In his free time he enjoys hiking and professional sports. He is also a wine enthusiast. He is especially excited to practice in Bergen County, where he was raised and his family still lives. He enjoys teaching and is on staff at St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center in Paterson where he works with the residents.
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of Science, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Medical: Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Bronx, New York
- Internship: Seton Hall University, St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center, Paterson, New Jersey
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency:
- Alfred I. Dupont Institute: Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery Rotation, Wilmington, Delaware
- Seton Hall University, St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center, Paterson, New Jersey
- Seton Hall University, St. Francis Medical Center, Trenton, New Jersey
- Hip and Knee Reconstruction Fellowship: Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, New York