Arnold A. Criscitiello, MDBoard Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
Arnold A. Criscitiello, MD
Dr. Criscitiello specializes in orthopedic spine surgery, including the following procedures:
- Lumbar Microdiscectomy
- Lumbar & Cervical Laminectomy
- Cervical & Lumbar Fusions
- Cervical Disc Replacement
- Minimally Invasive XLIF Lumbar Fusions
- Minimally Invasive Kyphoplasty for Compression Fractures
About Arnold A. Criscitiello, MD
Since 1996, Dr. Criscitiello, a fellowship trained and board certified orthopedic spine surgeon, has been helping patients live their lives with less back pain. He specializes in the treatment of spinal disorders and has been involved in the development of new minimally invasive technologies. He is on the committee pioneering The Valley Hospital Spine Center.
Dr. Crisicitiello received his undergraduate degree from Fairfield University, and complete both his graduate and medical degrees at Georgetown University. He completed an internship and orthopedic surgery residency at UMDNJ – Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, and also completed internships in pediatric orthopedic surgery at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and orthopedic oncology at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. He then completed an orthopedic spine fellowship at State University of New York Health Science Center.
Dr. Criscitiello has published many articles and textbook chapters, and has given numerous presentations at professional meetings. His articles have been published in 11 journals and medical publications, including The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Orthopaedic Transactions, Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, Orthopaedics Journal, Lecture Series North American Spine Society and a chapter in Minimally Invasive Techniques in Spine Surgery.
Dr. Criscitiello has presented for a myriad of industrial societies, including: The Eastern Orthopaedic Association, New Jersey Orthopaedic Society, The Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America, The Association of Children’s Prosthetic-Orthotic Clinics, The North American Spine Society, Spine Across the Sea, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery, University Hospital Health Science Center, Orthopaedic Research Society, Scoliosis Research Society, European Orthopedic Society, and The Orthopaedic Research Society.
Dr. Criscitiello lives in Bergen County and has 4 children. He enjoys water-skiing, boating, and fishing in his spare time.
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of Science in Biology and Psychology, Fairfield University, Fairfield, Connecticut
- Graduate Degree: Master of Science in Physiology, Georgetown University, Washington, DC
- Medical Degree: Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC
- BUMDNJ – Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, General Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Orthopedic Oncology, New York, New York
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Master of Science in Physiology, Georgetown University, Washington, DC
- Orthopedic Spine Fellowship: Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Cervical Spine Research Society
Licenses And Certifications
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Licensed to practice medicine in New Jersey and New York