Anthony J. Delfico, MDBoard Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
Anthony J. Delfico, MD
Dr. Delfico specializes in the treatment of a variety of orthopedic conditions and performs several orthopedic procedures, including:
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Arthroscopy
- ACL Reconstruction
- Shoulder Surgery
- Total & Partial Knee Replacement
- Robotic Total Joint Replacement
About Anthony J. Delfico, MD
Dr. Anthony Delfico is a board certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in knee and shoulder surgery, including the following procedures: ACL reconstruction, arthroscopic meniscus surgery, robot assisted total knee replacement, robot assisted partial knee replacement, arthroscopic rotator cuff repair, arthroscopic labrum repair.
Dr. Delfico joined the Ridgewood Orthopedic Group in 1998 after finishing his training in Orthopedic Sports Medicine at the Duke University Medical Center. Prior to joining Ridgewood Orthopedic, Dr. Delfico obtained his undergraduate degree from Boston College and his medical degree from Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. He then completed internships at Princeton Medical Center and Rutgers - Robert Wood Johnson Medical Center, where he also completed his Orthopedic Surgery residency.
Dr. Delfico has been named a Top Doctor by Castle Connelly for Orthopedic Sports Medicine in New Jersey and the New York Metro area. He serves as the Director of the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at the Valley Hospital, in Ridgewood, NJ and is the Medical Director of the Valley Hospital Sports Medicine Institute.He also works with local sports teams, serving as Head Team Physician for Ridgewood High School and Ramapo High School.
Dr. Delfico has presented at various national orthopedic meetings, including the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, the American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine, and the XXVI FIMS World Congress of Sports Medicine. He has also authored several orthopedic textbook chapters and scientific articles.
- Undergraduate: Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA, Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Medical: Rutgers - Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Internship: Princeton Medical Center, Princeton, New Jersey and Rutgers - Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Rutgers - Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Division of Orthopedic Surgery, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Pediatric Orthopedics: University of Pennsylvania, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Musculoskeletal Oncology: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York
- Orthopedic Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery Fellowship: Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- American College of Sports Medicine
- New Jersey Orthopaedic Society
Honors And Awards
- Top Doctor, New Jersey and New York Metro Area, Castel Connelly, Inside Jersey Magazine and the Star Ledger, Orthopedic Sports Medicine 2013-2019
- Patients Choice Award winner, 2010-2019
- The Valley Hospital, Ridgewood, New Jersey
Licenses And Certifications
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- License to Practice Medicine in New Jersey and North Carolina