Anthony J. Delfico, MD
Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
Dr. Delfico joined the Ridgewood Orthopedic group in 1998 after finishing his training in Orthopedic Sports Medicine at the Duke University Medical Center. Dr. Delfico has been named a Top Doctor by Castle Connelly for Orthopedic Sports Medicine in New Jersey and the New York Metro area. He serves as the Director of the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at the Valley Hospital, in Ridgewood, NJ and is the Medical Director of the Valley Hospital Sports Medicine Institute.
Dr. Delfico specializes in Surgery of the Knee and Shoulder including; ACL reconstruction, arthroscopic meniscus surgery, computer navigated total knee replacement, partial knee replacement, arthroscopic rotator cuff repair, arthroscopic labrum repair, shoulder fractures, and shoulder reconstruction.
Dr. Delfico serves as Head Team Physician for:
- Ridgewood High School, Ridgewood, NJ
- Ramapo High School, Franklin Lakes, NJ
Dr. Delfico has authored several Orthopedic text book chapters and scientific articles and presented at various national Orthopedic meetings including; the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, the American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine, and the XXVI FIMS World Congress of Sports Medicine.
- Undergraduate: Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA, Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Medical: Rutgers - Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Internship: Princeton Medical Center, Princeton, New Jersey and Rutgers - Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Rutgers - Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Division of Orthopedic Surgery, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Pediatric Orthopedics: University of Pennsylvania, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Musculoskeletal Oncology: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York
- Orthopedic Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery Fellowship: Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina
Licensure / Certification
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- License to Practice Medicine in New Jersey and North Carolina
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- American College of Sports Medicine
- New Jersey Orthopaedic Society
Honors and Awards
- Top Doctor, New Jersey and New York Metro Area, Castel Connelly, Inside Jersey Magazine and the Star Ledger, Orthopedic Sports Medicine 2013, 2014, 2015.
- Patients Choice Award winner, 2010-2015
- The Valley Hospial, Ridgewood, New Jersey